Write about a time when you realized that your perception of a person or group was based on stereotypes. How did this realization affect your behavior or beliefs? What steps did you take to change your perceptions?"

Prompt Response: I always thought all Asians were smart, strict, and showed no emotions. I would look at an Asian and automatically think they had a 4.0 GPA and their parents were strict because of the way they looked. This made me want to stay away from them because I felt they were not as fun as other people. I got to actually meet an Asian boy one time and realized that is not always the case. He was cool and actually partied and had fun.

Summary: Today in class we worked on our group presentations on negative stereotypes for a certain race.

Reflection: Today in class we worked on our group presentations on negative stereotypes for a certain race. Today school was alright. I can't wait to go home and go to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reading The Tyger by William Blake, take a moment to reflect on the idea of creation. What do you believe is the most beautiful creation in the world—natural or man-made—and why? Describe it in detail and explain what makes it so awe-inspiring to you.

Tuesday Blog/ 2 paragraphs 9/17/24

What life skills have you learned in high school that will help you live independently after high school? Which skills do you think are essential for your success after high school?